This is a timeline made by Vicky Quiroga and Agus Bravo, about the Wiemar Republic in Germany after World war One when Germany became a Republic, because of one of the terms signed in the Treaty of Versailles.
Con Camila nuestra profesora de lengua leímos Alicia en el País de las Maravillas y hicimos trabajos en grupo respecto a este. Yo trabaje con Tota Lupi y describimos a la reina de corazones. Acá esta nuestro trabajo.
La reina de corazones
¿Quien es? Es la reina del País de Las Maravillas
¿Como es? Una desalmada y fría reina, la cual gobierna gobierna generando miedo e imponiendo poder sobre esos que se cruce en su camino
¿Qué le ocurre? Se ve enfrentada con una pequeña niña a la cual su reino aprecia y valora de una forma desigual a la reina.
¿Como se la puede definir? Se la puede definir como controladora y malvada reina, la cual pierde su poder ante una indefensa niña.
- En el cuento de Lewis Carrol, es una malvada reina. Quien la ofende “perderá la cabeza”, solo que mientras ella cree que mata a esos que la desobedecen, son perdonados por el rey, quien parece tener verdadero control sobre ella y el País de las Maravillas.
- En la película de Disney la reina es presentada como una bruta y grotesca mujer con las mismas características que en el libro de Carroll. Gobierna el País de las Maravillas y todos le temen.
- En la película de Tim Burton ella es la reina del país de las maravillas, o la reina de corazones. De poca estatura y una cabeza que supera los límites de su cuerpo. Es mostrada como una fina dama, pero es cruel y desalmada. Se deshizo del rey al darse cuenta que perdía poder a su lado. Todo aquel que la ofende, o se atreva a desafiarla “perderá la cabeza”. Gobierna con miedo y causando temor en la población, cuando Alicia se presenta la reina la recibe como una más de su corte, hasta que Alicia la traiciona, o al menos eso cree la reina al verla con el hombre que ella ama, y sentencia a muerte, Alicia escapa con la reina blanca y la derrota, dando control sobre el País de las Maravillas a la reina blanca, su hermana pequeña a la cual todos quieren y admiran. Contrariamente a la reina de corazones ella prometio jamas dañar a un ser vivo, por eso necesita a Alicia para derrotar al mayor soldado de su hermana y recuperar la corona. La reina blanca es dulce, sensible y comprensiva, y es por eso que es respetada y apreciada por todos en el País de las Maravillas.
During Language class, our teacher Pilar assigned us as a task to wrtie a crime story.
It’s late at night and you are coming back from work. You witness a strange event. Write the story ( 180-200 words)
It was late at night, I had just gotten out of the office, and walking to my car I heard some strange noises. I was about to go and look if something was going on when my phone rang. It was my wife, she was mad at me because I was getting late for dinner. So I grabbed my keys got in the car and went home. When suddenly I heard screaming and crying. I got of the car and asked if everything was okay. Suddenly a woman with a bleeding face came at me crying and screaming that we had to leave. “He’s coming” she said. We got in the car and left immediately.
I took her to the police station and they took her in for some questions. I was told to go home. There was nothing else I could do. So I called my wife explained to her what had happened and went home. I gave my number to the police so that they could keep me informed of what was going to happen to the woman.
Next morning I received a call from the station and they told the woman was being taken into witness protection. She was an undercover officer, who came from up state origin. Who had been tracking terrorists for months. They had discovered who she really was and sent men after her. I was told to go on vacations with my family for a few weeks to make sure they weren’t looking for me either.
During langauge class we read this website that out teacher Pilar showed us on how to write crime stories, as in the term-test we will have to write one
During Literature class we analysed the story we are reading called “White hairs and Cricket”, we worked in groups and I worked with Juan Cruz, Vicky, Male, Agustin, Matias and Clara.
1) Page 350: The sunday task of the narrator was to plucked out with tweezers the white hair of his father. The boy exaggerates the task,
For him it was disgusting and repulsive, and he did not want to it to do it anymore but he kept it doing it because he felt pity for his father because he couldn’t get a job, and he was a little bit lost.
” It was unapñesting work, combing through his hair greasy with day-old pomade, isolating the white one, or the ones just beginning to turn half black and half white, and somehow more repulsive.”
2) Page 351: he remembers when he used to play cricket on sundays with his father and brother. The narrator said that they had a very good time together and when he finished his anecdote he started to feel depressed because now on sundays he have to plucked out with tweezers the white hairs of his father.
And the relationship between the father, the mum, mamaiji and the narrator is that as they are from different generations, they think different.
The relationship between the narrator and mamaiji is the relationship that every grandson has with his grandma.
3) Page 352: Mamaiji believed that taking out white hairs was bad luck (superstition), the father didn’t believe that but I think that deep inside he’s a little bit afraid of never getting a job because of that.
The father reads every sunday the newspaper because he is searching for a job and the relationship between the job and the white hairs is that if he has white hairs, everyone would see that he is old and they will not hire him for the job. But I think that’s not the problem, I think that he is so concern about his white hairs that he is not making the effort he can do.
4) Page 353: The narrator is a traitor because although his parents didn’t let him eat the food that Mamaiji prepared, he ate it. And after eating it he got diarrhea so when his parents asked what happened he accused his grandmother (Mamaiji) of giving him her food so then his parents started to say bad things to mamaiji and they started arguing.
In the last paragraph the dad was dreaming of when he gets the job, he will change everything in the house.
During our Oral and Writing class we read a science fiction poem, and we were given the assignment to work in groups andwrite a poem of our own describing objects, like the poem. I worked with Agustin Bravo and Vicky Quiroga. You have to read the poem and identify the things that are being described. The first poem is the one we invented, and at the bottom you can see the original.
“Dreans are mechanical monsters were black becomes white. the things that enter seem to suffer until time goes up.
When the skyes attack everyone takes out their shields
Up in the rock where a cold fairy dust rules and a dustling glow burns.
In constant movement a loyal and faithful guardian who what borrows returns and defends his territory from all the unkown.
In only a room where we can be part od a new world, where darkness rules and a wall in constant movement”
A Martian sends a Postcard Home
Caxtons are mechanical birds with many wings
and some are treasured for their markings –
they cause the eyes to melt
or the body to shriek without pain.
I have never seen one fly, but
sometimes they perch on the hand.
Mist is when the sky is tired of flight
and rests its soft machine on ground:
then the world is dim and bookish
like engravings under tissue paper.
Rain is when the earth is television.
It has the property of making colours darker.
Model T is a room with the lock inside –
a key is turned to free the world
for movement, so quick there is a film
to watch for anything missed.
But time is tied to the wrist
or kept in a box, ticking with impatience.
In homes, a haunted apparatus sleeps,
that snores when you pick it up.
If the ghost cries, they carry it
to their lips and soothe it to sleep
with sounds. And yet, they wake it up
deliberately, by tickling with a finger.
Only the young are allowed to suffer
openly. Adults go to a punishment room
with water but nothing to eat.
They lock the door and suffer the noises
alone. No one is exempt
and everyone’s pain has a different smell.
At night, when all the colours die,
they hide in pairs
and read about themselves –
in colour, with their eyelids shut.
Nuestra profesora de catequesis Poli, no pidió que hagaramos un prezi explicando las partes de la misa, nos hizo trabajar en grupos y yo trabaje con Salvador, Clara y Agustín.